UPPAbaby Knox Convertible Carseat | 14 to 65 lb. Child | Jake Black
The KNOX is UPPAbaby's first convertible car seat that grows with your child through toddlerhood and beyond, from 14 to 65 pounds or 49" in height.
The UPPAbaby KNOX includes unique safety features not seen on other convertible car seats, like a multi-directional tether and Koroyd crash-protection technology developed from aerospace safety research.
The tether strap, used for both rear-facing and forward-facing installations, acts like a load leg, anchoring the seat to prevent it from rotating in a collision and causing injury to the child's head and neck. In rear-facing mode, the tether reduced the risk of injury by 45 percent in crash tests.
The base of the UPPAbaby KNOX includes Koroyd technology, seen in sporting goods and high-performance helmets, which crumples instantly on impact to absorb energy and slow forces in a crash.
Throughout the core and headrest of the seat, the UPPAbaby KNOX is fully lined with EPP, the toughest type of foam. Side impact pods on the sides of the seat serve as the first line of defense in a crash, helping to disperse forces away from your child.
Thanks to the SmartSecure tightness indicator and a recline indicator that shows safe positions for rear-facing and forward-facing, it's easy to tell if the UPPAbaby KNOX is installed correctly. Features like multiple recline positions and a no-rethread harness add convenience.
Comes in four colors: Jake Black, Jordan Charcoal Melange (merino wool, a fiber that is breathable, hypoallergenic and naturally fire-resistant), Lucca Teal Melange, and finally, Bryce White and Gray Marl.
- Converts from rear-facing to forward-facing, growing with your child from 14 to 65 pounds
- Koroyd, a welded tube structure in the base of the seat, provides crash impact protection by crumpling on impact to absorb crash forces and reduce acceleration
- Multi-directional tether, used for both rear-facing and forward-facing installations, inhibits rotation of the seat in the event of a crash and reduces forces by 45 percent rear-facing
- EPP foam integrated into side impact pods and along seat shell absorbs forces in a collision
- Active Response Headrest uses the absorption and recovery properties of foam to protect your child's head and neck
- SMARTSecure system includes visual indicators that turn from red to green to signal a safe installation
- 4 recline positions offer recline range of 32 degrees
- Storage pockets keep harness buckles out of the way for convenient entry and exit
- Seat fabric is easily removable and machine-washable
- Bead levels and 4-position adjustable foot ensure that the car seat is level
- Color-coded seatbelt paths make installation easy to understand
- 8-position, no-rethread harness adjusts with headrest
- 2-piece fit inlay provides options for a proper fit in the harness